What does geology mean to you? Did you participate in activities organised by the ENGIE project? Where do you experience geology in your daily life? Which fascinating geology spots have you come across?
Grab your camera and show us the beauty and variety of geology by participating in our photo contest!
Within the framework of the ENGIE project (Encouraging Girls to Study Geosciences and Engineering) the European Federation of Geologists (EFG) announces a PHOTO CONTEST FOR TEENAGERS FROM 13-18 YEARS. Girls, as the main target group of the ENGIE project, are especially encouraged to participate in the contest which is nevertheless open to all teenagers of the aforementioned age-group.
Deadline for participation:
30 April 2022
Use your imagination and win a fabulous prize!
You may submit up to 3 photos in total in the following three sub-categories:
- Activities in which you have participated in the framework of the ENGIE project: ENGIE is organising a wide range of activities for secondary school students. We invite you to depict these activities in a creative way. Any form of collaborative submission from student groups will be particularly appreciated.
- Geology in our every-day life: Geology is an important, although often hidden part of our every-day life. This concerns the minerals and metals needed to produce many of the products which we use on a daily basis or the energy we consume.
- Landscape and environment: Geology surrounds us wherever we go. Pictures in this category should depict the beauty and variety of geology in the landscape.
How to enter?
- The contest is open to 13-18 year old teenagers.
- Fill in the submission form below.
- Upload your photo file(s) and a statement of consent signed by your parent or personal representative.
How to upload your photos?
- You can upload your photo(s) and statement of consent under submission, here below.
- Name your photo file(s) as firstname_familyname_titleofphoto
- Name your scanned statement signed by your parent or personal representative as firstname_familyname_STATEMENT
1. You may submit a maximum of 3 photos in total in the three categories mentioned above.
2. All photos must be copyright free and shall meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 1920 x 1080 pixels
- High resolution (300 dpi)
- Short image description (place and date when the photo was taken; how does the photo relate to the category in which it is submitted)
There will be a two-stage evaluation: The first round will be organised in the form of a public vote. All photos will be published by 4 May 2022 on the ENGIE Instagram channel under the hashtag #ENGIE4Geodiversity. The ten photos collecting the highest number of likes on Instagram by 16 May 2022 will be shared with a jury from the ENGIE project which then selects the best three pictures. The jury members are ten world-class geologist women from around Europe. The winners will be announced on 1 June 2022.
Artistic value 👩🎨
Technical implementation 📸
- Step 1: grab your camera and take up to 3 photos 📸
- Step 2: download, fill in, sign, and scan the statement of consent 📝
- Step 3: complete the submission form below, upload your photo(s) and consent form 👩💻⬆️☁️
The contest is now closed!
🥇First place: 500 € gift card and a Rock Tumbler
🥈Second place: 300 € gift card and a Rock Tumbler
🥉 Third place: 200 € gift card and a Rock Tumbler
Do you have any questions?
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] in case you have any questions or doubts regarding the photo contest. We look forward to receiving your submissions!